Sunday 14 December 2008

Marcia's Ornament Swap

I took photos of the 2 ornaments that I decorated for Marcia's Christmas swap that I posted about the other day...ages ago when I first sent them off. I thought that I should do the right thing and wait until the swap was over and everyone should have received their ornaments before I posted the photos.....but then I left it too long, and totally forgot! So here they are hahaha:

I covered the star in glue, then pressed it onto some patterned paper and allowed it to dry. I then cut around it using a craft knife and did the same on the other side. I then dusted over it in white acrylic paint, and used a skewer to dot silver spots across the pattern. I punched a hole in the top and threaded it with some green furry yarn/wool.

I pressed the snowflake onto a silver inkpad, until it was completely covered in the ink. I then sprinkled SU! Heat and Stick powder over it, and heated it, followed by a sprinkling of SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and heated it again. I punched a hole in the top and threaded it with some SU! light blue grosgrain ribbon.

I would also like to extend my congratulations to Dani :) xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! TFS them, Tegan! And, thank you, too, for the Butterfly Ward! You are so kind! *hugs* Julie

Mary said...

Cute! I really like the snowflake. Dazzling Diamonds glitter is gorgeous.

Dani Fender said...

Thanks so much for the public congrats Tegan!

I've actually been in hospital but nothing to do with the pregnancy. Baby is fine and has been bouncing around like a mexican jumping bean!

Love the sparkles!

Mandy said...

Very pretty! I love all the sparkles on the snowflake. I haven't gotten any of the Dazzling Diamonds glitter yet, but I will have too real soon. The glitter I have leaves a green hue behind instead to the white sparkly like yours.
Thanks for sharing!
- Mandy

Nerine .P. said...

These are lovely Tegan, I love all the sparkles on the snowflake. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and joyful 2009.
Hugs
Nerine.

Sarah Feeney said...

These are gorgeous Tegan! Love all your cards! You should pop over to my Inkurable Stampers blog and have a go at this month's challenge! :) There's some awesome booty up for grabs this month!

Jen said...

Tegan,

I love the ornaments!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!